Treatment terms and conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to all services that we (VITANOVA, part of CREATE Fertility) provide to you. We reserve the right to modify these Terms & Conditions any time. Please check back regularly for any changes.
IMPORTANT: Please note that no provider of fertility treatment services is able to guarantee a successful outcome or an absence of complications.
Accordingly, we are unable to give a commitment that any fertility treatment that you undertake will lead to a pregnancy and/or will be without
We will discuss your treatment options with you during your pre-treatment consultation(s). You will need to consent to your chosen treatment(s) prior to the start of any treatment. You must not sign any consent form if you either do not agree with the statements that you are being asked to agree or if you consider that anything is unclear. You should not sign any consent form until any questions that you may have are answered to your satisfaction.
You may withdraw your consent after you give it by giving us reasonable notice/confirmation in writing of the withdrawal of your consent.
- Some treatments require mandatory screening tests and/or counselling. These vary depending on the type of treatment and must be completed in order to undergo treatment.
Clinical staff and appointments
- Whilst we make reasonable efforts to ensure that appointments run to time and in order to provide continuity of service, we cannot guarantee that appointments will not be delayed or that you will see the same clinician on every visit.
Prices and Payment
- Our Price Guide is subject to change without notice. The price of any consultation/treatment will be confirmed to you at the time of booking.
Please note that the costs of any excluded items (please see our Price Guide for details) and for dealing with any unforeseen complications and/or requests for additional services are in addition to any fees agreed in advance of consultation/treatment and become payable as they are incurred.
- Payment for services provided by VITANOVA is required in full at the time of booking and in any event before your consultation or (as applicable) the commencement of the treatment or service. We reserve the right to cancel any appointment if payment has not been received.
- If you decide not to proceed with treatment following a treatment consultation a fee of 500euro will be charged.
- All prices are in euro’s and include local taxes (where applicable).
- Where stimulated IVF/ICSI, Egg Donation, natural, natural modified, egg sharing and surrogacy cycles are not successful,
we offer a free follow-up consultation within six months of the date of the negative result.
- Any treatment packages must be agreed and paid for before treatment commences.
- If you opt for a 3 cycle package, you are entitled to a maximum of 3 egg collections, embryo freezing and storage for the duration of the package (maximum period of 12 months), and 1 embryo transfer. The 3 cycle packages should be completed within 12 months.
- If you opt for the IUI 3 cycle package, you are entitled to a maximum of three cycles, however, once a clinical pregnancy (foetal heartbeat) is present, you will not be entitled to further cycles within this package and you will not receive a refund for the remainder of the package.
- 3 cycle fresh embryo transfer packages do not include freezing or storage for surplus gametes/embryos. Freezing and storage will be charged additionally at current pricing.
- The clinic accepts debit and credit card payments as well as bank transfers. We do not accept cash or cheques.
In the event that a clinician recommends elective freezing for your cycle due to the effect of oestrogen on the endometrial lining, you will be required to pay for freezing and storage. For situations where 1-2 embryos require freezing for a maximum of 3 months (from date of egg collection) the cost is X. If multiple embryos/longer storage term is required, the cost of X for freezing and storage for 2 years applies. In these circumstances you are entitled to a discount of 400 Euros from standard clinic pricing for your frozen embryo transfer (FET). To receive the discounted price all treatments must be paid in full before treatment commences.
Cancellation and refunds
- Drugs and consumables are not returnable or refundable if purchased from the clinic.
- Services are not refundable once performed and are otherwise subject to our terms relating to refunds and cancellations.
- In the event that a treatment cycle is abandoned prior to egg collection, a charge will be incurred of 670Euro’s Any
other services rendered will also have to be settled in full.
- In the event that no egg/eggs are collected at the egg collection, no refund will be issued.
- In the event that no embryos from any of the treatment cycles below are suitable for transfer or freezing, no refund will be issued:
- Natural Cycle IVF • Natural Modified IVF • Mild IVF
- In the event that a frozen embryo transfer (FET) cycle does not result in suitable embryos to transfer because the embryo(s) have not survived the thawing process, a refund of 400 Euro’s will be issued.
- Consultations may be cancelled and rescheduled provided that not less than 48 hours’ notice is given. If consultation appointments are cancelled at less than 48 hours’ notice or are not attend, no refund will be given.
- Our Price Guide details what credits/refunds are available in respect of treatments/packages that are discontinued. Where our charges are refundable a credit may be applied to your account. Otherwise, refunds are normally made within 28 days.
- 3 Cycle packages - Should you decide to cancel your Cycle Package the following charges will apply. You will be refunded the difference of the
remaining costs of the Cycle Package you have paid less the charges set out above.
--Cancellation prior to beginning treatment, you will incur a 500 Euro cancellation fee; or
--Cancellation after 1 cycle of treatment, you will incur a 500 Euro cancellation fee plus the cost of one cycle of treatment at the full price of treatment.
--Cancellation after two cycles of treatment, you will incur a 250 Euro cancellation fee plus the cost of two cycles of single cycle treatments at the full
--If an ICSI package is purchased and the cycle package is not completed you will be required to pay the difference between the discounted rate of
each ICSI (set out in the Prices and Payment section above) and the standard rate of ICSI cycle per completed treatment.
- Costs for medication, blood tests, intravenous sedation anaesthesia, in vitro maturation, additional scans, other laboratory tests and additional procedures can vary depending on your clinical need and your response to treatment. Any additional services will be chargeable at our standard rates.
Consequences of non-payment
- We reserve the right to cancel appointments and discontinue treatment/services for non-payment of our fees. Failure to pay the applicable fees for frozen storage may lead to the stored embryos/gametes being destroyed.
- The clinic regrets that if accounts remain unpaid for more than two weeks legal action may have to be taken to retrieve the funds.
- Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud. We shall lnot otherwise be liable for any loss, damage or delay however caused, including in particular where such loss, damage or delay is caused by
circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- You must always provide us full, true and accurate information, correct any information already provided that later becomes or is found to be incomplete, untrue and/or inaccurate.
- You must inform us without delay of any change in your personal circumstances that may be relevant to your treatment and/or to the consent given by you or a partner/donor/surrogate.
- You must inform us any change in your address and/or contact details. If we are unable to contact you in order to take your instructions and/or seek payment for frozen storage then we may destroy any frozen samples notwithstanding the period of storage for which you have given consent.
- Unless we agree with you in writing to the contrary, any patient and partner signing a consent form in respect of treatment will be jointly and severally liable for any monies owing to us in relation to that treatment. This means that we may seek payment from either the patient or their partner.